Sunday, May 8, 2011

mother's day

Okay, so even though today is Mother's Day, I will be doing a late Mother's Day post.

So these are(n't) excuses, but I couldn't really do anything special for her this year because:

1. I'm in France; She's in New Jersey
2. I'm a poor college student
3. I sent her a card, which cost me a whole .89EUR instead.

But she liked the card...she got it on time, and it's the thought that counts!

When I'm rich and famous (chyeah), here are some of the things I would want to get her:
Valentino Lace and satin pumps ($695)
Not only are they lacey, girly, and pretty, but also the heels are low enough so that I know she won't trip, fall, and God forbird twist her ankle any which way. She would be the most fashionable woman at the office, fersure. A fresh breath of air, I must add.



3.1 Phillip Lim Satin-twill peplum jacket ($850)
Because this jacket would make working at the office, that much more interesting. Also had to throw in this designer because I mightttt be working there this summer.

Alexander Wang Adele suede and patent-leather fold over trunk clutch ($625)
My momma would be all the rage when stepping out to get coffee at the local diner with all of her gossipy friends. A clutch makes just anybody into a chic, fashionista. Ha. Plus, who doesn't love leather...? Well, I know I'm obsessed.




Marc by Marc Jacobs Studded Chunky chain-link watch ($250)
Okay, nice to see that this one is a bit more affordable (phew). It's an interesting piece that could be worn everyday. And black matches errrthing, so yeah. Think this would be a nice accessory for her to have. Very office friendly, I might add.

Hopefully by the time mother's day comes around next year and I'm rich and famous, I will get her everything I wanted to get her my whole life. Some louboutins? A new car? A new house? Pshhh, I got this.

In the meantime, I'll try and "save up". Buttttt, that is unrealistic as my sister's birthday is coming up, all my summer baby friends, then there's Christmas, etc. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY HOLIDAYS?!


* All photos courtesy of net-a-porter.com

P.S. Outfit posts to come within a week / week 1/2 's time when I get back to the city. It's finals week here in Paris, so I haven't been going out much, haha.

2 comments:

  1. Aww I think it's the thought that counts. I bought my mom a balloon...I think should score some major points for me. :P

    xx THE CHEAP

    www.thecheapblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following girl! Followed you back!

    xx THE CHEAP

    ReplyDelete